Sunday, February 6, 2011

Travel Wetbag

I followed the tutorial on Lemon Squeezy Home for this travel wetbag.  It's great for storing a couple of cloth diapers or for soiled clothing or even swimsuits.  It's waterproof and washable.
Remember when I said I hated sewing PUL?  Well I still hate it.  I tried two different methods- baby powder and sewing over a plastic shopping bag, to keep the sticky side of the PUL from pulling in my machine.  I was only marginally successful.  Don't look too closely at the top stitching around the zipper because it's really really crooked.

This one is going to be a gift for my sister-in-law's baby girl.  
They cloth diaper too so I hope they will enjoy it.

I made another one for me because I liked the first one so much.



2 comments:

  1. It looks great! Thanks for sharing--PUL is a tough thing to sew with--I don't like it much either:).

    And good catch on the dimensions! I'll fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think spraying the bottom of your foot with nonstick spray would work? Or maybe tear away interfacing?

    ReplyDelete