Friday, May 13, 2011

Baby Boy Outfit with Tie Applique

I love little tie appliques and I've seen a few online, but I couldn't find the exact shape I wanted.  I drew up this one, and you can use it too.  Here's the word file that includes a free tie applique pattern.  I attached it to the fabric with Steam A Seam II, and I zig zag stitched around the edge. 

The shoes are from a tutorial on michaelmillerfabrics.  When I sewed the elastic casing, instead of sewing it with the elastic already inside I threaded it through with a safety pin after sewing.  That's the only thing I changed.

The pants are from Made By Rae's free online pattern.

 I really love how the shoes turned out, but they were really a pain to sew.  There are some areas that are thick and hard to sew with interfacing and several layers of fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment