Monday, March 28, 2011

Welcome Spring with Birds on a Branch

It's snowing outside right now, but spring should be right around the corner.  I found this idea on CraftyStylish, and I had to try it.  I have a bunch of birds and butterflies all around the house, so it fits right in.  It would make a great centerpiece for an Easter celebration.  It's sitting on my end table right now.  The nest is attached with a twisty tie, so I can take it off and have just the birds if I want to change it later.  The branch is sitting in a vase I made way back in High School.  I filled it up with beans that I had around, but you could also put this in a clear vase full of Easter candies and it would be really cute.




I had a hard time making the nest the way she did with yarn and glue, so I crocheted it instead.  I added a few Reeces candy eggs.











I'm glad I picked up these little birds at the after Christmas sales in Hobby Lobby.  They came in handy.  They are attached with wire so I can change their positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment